Wednesday, May 10, 2006

FUNK-washed off


So I was right that knitting the Nautie inspired me to finish several projects that have been on the needles for a while (plus finish a couple unscheduled projects). First of all, I have been working on a felted bag from SnB Nation for some time. It is finished and 90% felted. It only needs to be hand felted/shaped where the zipper will go (which may actually take some grand inspiration to put it). I also finished a dishcloth that had been hogging my size 7's. Yes, it is a bit ridiculous to not finish a dishcloth, but I was not very happy with the pattern. So with my free 7's I worked on the dishcloth that I will send in the spring dishcloth exchange, from the monthly dishcloth KAL yahoo group. Here is the pic:




I had another person with tan as a kitchen color, which seems a bit unusual to me, but I tried to pick a pattern with lots of texture.

In the meantime, I received some BEAUTIFUL yarn from Wool Peddler. It is made from Banana fiber (with more tan) and rayon/cotton fiber called VEGAN (red-looks like typical recycled silk). I am trying not to buy animal based fibers when at all possible. Though I obiously love wool, especially for felting. Click on the picture to see the amazing fibers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home